The vividness of quotes could embed them into our head easily. These inspiring sentences have been using so often, that we could see them everywhere on our social media. But do most of the people really understand the implication of these quotations and really put them into action? In this episode of Career Builder, Robert is going to share some inspiring career quotes and explain why they are important as well as the do’s and don’ts regarding them.
- Trust is the glue that binds companies together
- The metaphor“glue” not only makes this quote much more visualized, but suggests the powerfulness of trust between the companies. Without trust, there is no business could be done.
- But trust does not come from nowhere. It is something that needs time and mutual sincerity to be built.
- As a business person, you might need to hold back a little bit from the beginning and avoid blind trust. Yet it doesn’t mean you should be strained at a gnat. You will also need the vision and courage to trust.
- Whatever doesn’t kill you makes you stronger
- Embrace the difficulties and hardships to let yourself getting out of the comfort zone. That is the only way could bring you improvements. Try your best to be persistent and perseverant when things are not the way you expected.
- This is particularly important for young professions, because early on in someone’s career, the behavior you exhibit will be more and more entrenched. So once you start giving up easily in your career, you will be discouraged every time when you meet a setback.
- Set yourself high goals might pay you with surprising results.
- Also be aware of your limitation, it is essential to know before the last straw comes to you. And it is also important for managers to educate the staffs how to deal with stress.
- The meaning of communication is the response you receive
- Both parties involved have 100% responsibility for communication. It’s your responsibility to communicate your message in such a way that the other person will understand it in the way you wanted them to understand it.
- Be grateful to receive criticisms if you are at a higher level, and don’t be afraid of speak of your mind if you are at subordinate level.
- If you are not getting your response in your first try, it is an indication that you need to try to ask in another route. If one thing isn’t working, try another direction. When you are attempting to communicate something that requires a response, the response becomes a measurement to the effectiveness of your communication.
- You can’t make an omelette without breaking a few eggs
- Don’t be afraid of making mistakes. You won’t be able to do anything significant if there isn’t a risk of failure. The achievements that have good pay backs always come together with higher risks.
- You have to make mistakes, because you will learn from them. But do not make the same mistake twice.
- Be stubborn and stick on your path when you are not getting the momentum you were hoping for or when things seems to be falling apart around you. You would not get to the light at the end of the tunnel if you gave up in the dark days.
Some other inspiring quotes:
- Past behaviour is the biggest predictor of future performance
- If you don’t ask you don’t get
- Make your own luck
- You can have it in any colour you like, as long as it’s black (Henry Ford)
- Prior preparation prevents poor performance
- People do business with people they like
- If you’re not 5 minutes early, you’re late
- There’s no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid answers.
- If you think too much, you’ll get analysis paralysis
Listen to the original radio, please go to: http://english.cri.cn/7146/2015/08/21/3481s892606.htm